Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the radio silence lately - there has been a lot going on in terms of starting new jobs and trying to get situated in Austin.  Life is stressful to say the least :/  It is hard to feel secure when so many pieces are shifting...but I am keeping the faith :)

I have been thinking a lot this week about "home" and how much that feeling has been missing from my life.  I feel like I haven't had my own "home" since I left my apartment in early February!  The feeling is taxing :/

"Home"...at least it was a few months ago
I think life will get back to normal once these shifting pieces fall into place.  For now it's hard to keep my balance :)

I can't wait to know Austin like I know Maryland.  Just knowing the good bars vs lame bars, the good grocery stores vs the expensive ones, the really awesome nature trails from the not so awesome ones, and knowing the back way to work vs the long way will make such a big difference for me.  Those are little things but I miss having that kind of knowledge about a place.

I know that I am meant to live my life in Texas right now.  But I am eager to find Texan friends who are like real family - people who appreciate my heart and my friendship.  I'm eager to be with friends who are motivated by the same goals I am.  I miss the warmth that comes from those people and things.  That  is what is missing from my life these days but I know it is coming soon.  I just need to be patient.


For now I will be content and imagine myself like a flower planted in a temporary pot.  The situation is not ideal, my container is plastic, and it's cramped in here.  But pretty soon, I'll get myself into some real soil.  And then I can do some real growing and flourishing.  :)

Much Love,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment