Wednesday, April 10, 2013

We made it!



Hi everyone, 

First off, thanks for being interested enough in my life to read this :)  I wanted to start a blog so that friends and family could check in on our adventure without having to go through social media.  I promise future posts won't be as lengthy as this one!

Secondly, after driving 1400 miles in 2 days... I am in TEXAS!  The Marsh's (including FOUR cats and a dog) arrived safe and sound on April 8.  
Puttin the pedal to the metal!



Our trip was mercifully uneventful - no flat tires, no sick cats, and we didn't get lost.  In fact, our ride down was beautiful.  We left Maryland bright and early last Sunday and enjoyed a blue ridge sunrise all the way to Winchester.  I have driven the long, tractor trailer populated stretch of I-81 for years and for the first time ever that drive went by so fast!  I waved "hello" to my old Johnson City exit on my way through Tennessee :)  

I'm being watched, aren't I?
The rest of our journey was a blur of interesting sights and coffee.  Chattanooga was gorgeous!  Alabama was SO unexpectedly beautiful - just like their slogan would lead you to believe.  Mississippi took us onto Louisiana, where we drove at least 20 miles on a bridge highway that cut through the bayou, a swamp, or a wetland - not sure what it was exactly but it was pretty cool.  

We drove into Houston right around rush hour but we weren't in traffic for too long. We had just enough time to drop our cats off at the "Waggin' Tails" kennel.  They'll be staying there until mom and dad close on the house this weekend.  Poor babies!
No time to stop and take a picture!
Our first days in Texas have been pretty good.  Poor ol dad had to leave on a business trip the morning after we got here but we girls have been living it up!  We got manicures and pedicures, went shopping, and explored Sealy.  We are having a good time :)
I will be tan by Friday at the latest.
I'm doing a morning devotional app called "She Reads Truth."  I really like it.  In today's devotional, I read that God's password in prayer is "Thank you."  So I am trying to begin each day here in a thankful place.  This move is so much to take in and process.  I am missing my friends and part of me is worried that I have left too much goodness behind.  

Truthfully though, I know we are on the right path for our family.  I am excited to see what kind of doors God will open up for me, Katie, mom and dad here.  

I am glad I have a firm foundation to keep me on track.  I don't have my wonderful circle of friends here but I do have my family and Jesus.  I have sunny Texas mornings and I have the hope of a wonderful future.  It makes you feel REALLY alive to rest in His presence and trust in His faithfulness.  

Love you all,
Becky

5 comments: